Dear Parents and Students:
My goal is to help your child and you achieve fitness through fun games, activities, and sports. By doing this I hope to instill an interest in lifelong fitness. Below I have listed State Standards, activities we will be participating in, class rules, and my grading policy.
Instructional Standards/ Objectives of the Course
I will closely follow the California Content Physical Education Standards as follows:
1. Demonstrate motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activity.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of movement concepts, principles, and strategies as they apply to learning and performance of physical activities.
3. Assess and maintain a level of physical fitness to improve health and performance.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of physical fitness concepts, principles, and strategies to improve health and performance.
5. Demonstrate and utilize knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies as applied to learning and performance of physical activity.
The following activities will be covered this school year.
Basketball Cooperative Games Ultimate Frisbee
Softball Paddleball FitnessGram Testing
Flag football Soccer Volleyball
- Be to class on time sitting in roll order
- Listen to the teacher
- Follow directions
- Take care of the equipment
100- 90% = A
89 – 80% = B
79 – 70% = C
69 – 60% = D
Below 59% = F
Students will be able to make up missing points Tuesday’s after school. I can be contacted through the school website or by making an appointment with the counseling office. I look forward to meeting you.