WELCOME TO MR. GUERRERO's Webpage...
The Teen Health focuses on the following grade seven California health standards:
- Expectation 1: demonstrate that they can enhance and maintain their health and well-being
- Expectation 2:understand and demonstrate behaviors that prevent disease and speed recovery from illness
- Expectation 3: practice behaviors that reduce the risk of becoming involved in potentially dangerous situations and react to potentially dangerous situations in ways that help to protect their health.
- Expectation 4:understand and demonstrate how to play a positive, active role in promoting the health of their families.
- Expectation 5: understand and demonstrate how to promote positive health practices within the school, community, including hoe to cultivate positive relationships with peers.
- Expectation 6: understand the variety of physical, mental, emotional, and social changes that occur throughout life
- Expectation 7: understand and accept individual differences in growth and development
- Expectation 8: understand their developing sexuality, choose to abstain from sexual activity, and treat the sexuality of others with respect
- Expectation 9: identify information, products, and services that may be helpful or harmful to their health
Late Assignments/Make-up work
- Late assignments are not accepted unless with valid excuse.
- Any assignments not made up within two days will earn a zero (0) in the grade book upon a student’s return from an excused absence.
- Make-up is granted with a reason #1 upon return of an absence and the student has two days from the day returned from an absence
- Students returning from an absence are responsible for finding out what assignment they missed
- Homework may be assigned from Mondays thru Thursday.
- Most homework assignments are due the following day unless otherwise stated by the Teacher
- Students must write their daily homework assignments in their Students Agendas.
- Occasionally, students will have group projects where Research would be necessary and will need to take place during the weekend.(Library and internet use)
- Homework: (range: 5pts-50 pts)
- Science fair project:
- STUDENTS WHO DO NOT COMPLETE A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT WILL FAIL THE CLASS
- Class work : (range: 3pts-30pts)
- Tests/Quizzes: (range: 10pts-100pts)
Grades are calculated using the following formula: points earned / points assigned x 100%